Monday, January 6, 2014

Lets Get This Started - First Post - General Overview

Post Summary: Where I am now, where I have been and where I think I will be going in my health and this blog.

I weight around 230 lbs and I am a 31 year old 6 foot 2 male. I also don't like to proofread so get ready to live with some spelling errors. 

I have a body fat percentage of around 32% and hold most of my excess fat around my waist. This causes me to look slightly pregnant, which is not good because I am a male and not pregnant. This is probably due to metabolic syndrome, however I have not gotten all the tests done to determine if this is the case. 

The one diet that has worked well for me in the past is a ketogenic diet. In summary, this means that I consume under 50 grams of carbohydrates per day with a preference of trying to keep to 30 per day. 

I would say main source of information on a ketogenic diet comes from Peter Attia´s Blog and the book The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald. 

I also like powerlifting although i am not that good. By this I mean exercising with the Squat, Bench, and Deadlift as my core excercises and my benchmarks for improvement. I am working on

My last maxes were 160 lbs x 5 reps for the deadlift and squat. My bench was 120lbs x 5 reps. Neither of those numbers count the weight of the bar so probably add 20 lbs into all of those.

In regards to where I get a lot of my info on how to train in this I would probably point you to Deadlift Dynamite by Andy Bolton which goes over all three and has a really good 1 year plan. 

I have in the last year taken some performance enhancing substances :) during my first lifting bulk up phase. I will be talking about that more in detail in another post.  More or less it was: Weeks 1-10 Testosterone 600mg per week and
Nolvadex (during and post) and HCG
(during and post)

Before you get your panties in a bunch, you need to understand that while I was born in the US, I live in South America most of the time and what drugs I used are completely legal and OTC their. So I did nothing illegal. 

I think steroids taken intelligently are all around good thing that at the end of the day will keep away injuries, increase muscle mass in the long term and can even lead to increases in natural testosterone in the long tern. If you want to know more about some of this I encourage you to watch Bigger Strong Faster which I think you can even watch for free at the link there. 

A little about me. I sorta move around the world but spend most of my time in South America. I speak so so Spanish and eventually will get off my ass and study enough to be conversationally fluent. I think Micheal Thomas and then linkwords have been the two best tools for me learning Spanish that I actually can continually use for more than 5 minutes without being bored. The language learning bonus for buying the 4 hour chef at app sumo is probably the best how to I have ever read on how to quickly learn a language if you want a process. 

I do internet marketing and some some recruiting to pay the bills. Working on starting some local brick and mortars in South America as the long term play. 

Next post will go over what the next steps will look like in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment