Monday, January 6, 2014

My Fitness Activities Historically / General Goals Going Forward

Here is my fitness activities background (or lack of):

  • Played basketball during 5th and 6th grade. Quit because I hated running. 
  • Played golf all during high school and was pretty good. Was supposed to walk on at a D1 program but got sick first month of University with mono :(
  • July 2009 - A friend and I decide we are going to become distance swimmers. He can barely swim but has been an endurance athlete in biking for years and just over a year later he swims the English Channel. I swim an open water 5k around a year later. 
  • During this swimming period my swim coach wants me to do some weight training and I do something similiar to this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/timothyf.htm . First time in my life ever spent in a weight room. 
  • I do a little lifting and swimming again for like 3 months around July 2011. 
  • I move to South America at the end of 2011. 
  • Early part of 2012 I do some lifting for like 2 months similar to the program mentioned above. 
  • Around August 2013 I do a roids cycle and have been lifting since pretty continually except for a 6 week period around November when moved to Europe and didn't find a gym for a while. 

My fitness goals are to primarily be strong. Id like to be able to deadlift and squat over 500 lbs and an equivalent smaller amount in the bench. At best these are probably 3 years out.

Even though I would probably not like to eat what he had to get their I think the shot of Thor without a short in the Thor I movie would be super ideal but probably not willing to do what it takes to get there. 

I´d like to be able to keep up in most crossfit classes and I sorta now think of that as a good benchmark for aerobic / anaerobic fitness. I have a long way to go in this area. 

I probably will do another roids cycle when back in South America. Check out bigger stronger faster to understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment